How much shade do you need?
At certain stages, different plants need different amounts of sun protection. For example, indoor pants can be hardened for office life if they are given an early stint under more shade. At 70% shade (where 70% of UV light is blocked), some plants struggle to get sunlight, so they become acclimatised to indoor conditions. Large net structures over citrus or berries will need more light (often only 30% UV blocking) to promote flowers and fruit. Commercial shade cloth, usually black, green or white, ranges from an open weave 30% to a tight weave 80% shade. GreenLife Structures has experienced staff to assist in this important decision. You should also consult your horticultural industry for advice on Australian standards for accurate shade factors and crop applications.
- Available in 50m rolls or cut lengths
- 2m or 4m wide
- Reinforced 50mm selvedge
- Knitted eyelets along both edges
- Ideal for attaching shadecloth to canopy cables or shadehouse frames, joining rolls or securing to fences
- UV stabilised with proven strength and tear resistance
- 10 year pro rata UV degragation warranty